Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'insulin resistance' one of the afib contributors?

Posted by Joe 
Joe
'insulin resistance' one of the afib contributors?
September 07, 2019 07:06PM
Go to: 6:23
[www.drberg.com]
Wonder where he got that from and if anybody else knows about this relationship - insulin resistance/electrolytes ?
Re: 'insulin resistance' one of the afib contributors?
September 10, 2019 05:34AM
I just got diagnosed with IR 6 weeks ago. Maybe get that book he is showing.
Joe
September 10, 2019 07:02PM
Better to know than not. Hope you manage your blood glucose well from now on! Any idea what brought it on?
All the best!
September 11, 2019 07:20AM
My Blood Glucose has always been fine, it was the Insulin that was way high. I Finally got a Dr. that tested the Insulin and Blood Sugar at the same time. Although my diet is fairly good, I think frequent eating and too many Carbs helped bring it on, but not at all sure. I eat a good meal at night, and I still crave carbs even when my Belly is full.
Joe
September 11, 2019 07:09PM
Thank you for the answer, Anti-Fib! Have the same struggle finding a Dr who will order an insulin test for me here in Australia. Not part of their guidelines it seems unless there is an obvious blood glucose issue.
September 14, 2019 05:42AM
High Insulin, or Insulin resistance leads to high Blood Sugar, among other things. Here I never asked for it, but then finally a Dr. listened to me about my symptoms, and ordered it. It is an under-diagnosed condition because of only testing Blood Glucose levels, and by the time that is high, the high Insulin levels have done much damage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login