Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vit K2 Video: Kiran Krishnan

Posted by ln108 
Vit K2 Video: Kiran Krishnan
September 01, 2019 01:54PM
Friends,

I found this to be a very interesting, if somewhat technical, video slide talk re vitamin K2, which has been much discussed in these forums. Deals with relation of K and D, clalcification of arteries, mitocondria and energy levels, muscle cramps, and other topics that have been of great interest to afibbers.

It's by Kiran Krishnan, chief science offficer of Microbiome Labs, which has been doing interesting things with probiotics and gut health. He's not a Ph.D. microbiologist, it seems, but he strikes me as a lucid thinker who can make the technical issues quite understandable.

Vitamin K2 Presentation

He is recommending supplementation of K2-7 at the level of 200-320 mcgs daily (which, of course, his company sells).

I'd be happy to hear what some of our experts think of this.

Best wishes,

--Lance

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2019 01:58PM by ln108.
Re: Vit K2 Video: Kiran Krishnan
November 07, 2019 01:35PM
Hi Lance,

That's a great explanation of vitamin K2. No wonder the Japanese are living longer.

I take natto every 2nd day which amounts to about 400mgs of K2 and one of the things I noticed when I first started taking natto was my skin seemed smoother and less dry.
Of course the most noticeable effect for me has been the reduction of my afib burden.
Down from 1 or 2 a month to three this year.
I will be including 300mgs of vitamin K2 supplement on the days not taking natto.

Thanks for the link.
Colin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login