Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inderal LA

Posted by Madeline 
Inderal LA
August 15, 2019 02:48PM
Hi,

This is my first time to post in this area as before I have always done so on afibbers forum. My question is not directly related to afib this time though.

I just had my Natale ablation 8/2/19. I looked forward to getting off of sotalol & Xarelto (the latter drug will have to stay a while longer I am told).

Since my ablation I have had a kind of cough reflex in that when I take in a little more air (a slightly deeper inspiration sometimes), it causes me to sort of gag/cough. Totally non-productive cough and non-relieving, but kind of the same way one has to gag before throwing up - just an involuntary thing.

Possible reasons why posed to me: anesthesia effects, intubation irritation, caught a bug?, & I think sotalol effects have gotten stronger. I felt a bit of this dry cough since starting sotalol last February, but after the ablation it is way magnified. I am now 13 days post ablation & have gotten off of sotalol bec the St. David's nurse said I could try it. It has only been 3 days & the cough might be abating, but it is not totally gone yet. Yesterday when I saw my local cardiologist, he firmly said sotalol does not cause cough. So, I said I did see where sotalol causes about 4 things that could fall in my category like chest discomfort, difficult or labored breathing, tightness in the chest, & it actually does say COUGH or hoarseness. Anyway, I told the cardiologist like I had told Dr. Natale that I did end up realizing that I was enjoying the calming effect & almost complete eradication of my hand tremor, so after getting off sotalol I wanted to try a bit of beta blocker & they recommended Inderal, of which effects (re before public speaking or acting) I knew of for years. Only after being on sotalol did I realize the tiredness did lessen over time.

What I want to hear now is if Inderal LA 60 mg once a day will also make me have the cough or any other bad effects. I should mention I was on sotalol 80 mg q.12 hr (twice a day evenly spaced). I have not picked up my prescription that is ready yet, bec first I want to see if the cough goes away with a few more days' time before I add in another variable. And, I want to hear any feedback on this from you.

Thanks very much.
Re: Inderal LA
September 01, 2019 01:41PM
Madeline,

I can't answer your question, but it seems to me that this question--since it deals with post-ablation issues and medications used to control afib--is more appropriate to the Afibbers Forum. Might have a better chance for an answer if reposted there.

--Lance
Re: Inderal LA
September 01, 2019 02:36PM
ln108
Madeline,

I can't answer your question, but it seems to me that this question--since it deals with post-ablation issues and medications used to control afib--is more appropriate to the Afibbers Forum. Might have a better chance for an answer if reposted there.

Hi Lance, Thanks. I did do that.. I have never used this forum and wasn’t sure if it was the one I should use this time. But I went back to the afibbers forum and got an answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login