Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HR variability

Posted by Joe 
Joe
HR variability
January 10, 2019 06:55PM
I'm still not clear on that but found this very interesting and most likely relating to AF as well?
Go to 1:00 Or 1:00:25
[peterattiamd.com]
It matters what HRV is considered. Hi frequency HRV points to vagal........
Wonder what insulin levels and sensitivity have to do with triggering AF?
Re: HR variability
January 13, 2019 02:33PM
Thanks, Joe - You may not have seen this post in the AF forum on HRV.....

Jackie
Re: HRV Monitoring and AFib
October 26, 2018

Mike - another post by Dean .....[www.afibbers.org]
brings up the topic of HRV.

I had intended to respond with the following, but had a computer glitch and then didn't follow through later on......

Just FYI... My HRV evaluations were done both several years prior to and then after my second and third ablation, with the original in 2003.

Hi Dean… thanks for the reminder. It’s good to see this continuing validation.
You probably recall Hans’ report from some time ago… [www.afibbers.org]

The functional chiropractor I see for routine spinal alignment treatments, does a NeuroSpinal Function Index test periodically which includes the HRV assessment.

As a new patient in 2011, my score was 83. In 2015, I had two scans with scores of 98 and 97…so I was pleased with the improvement. These were after my ablations in 2014 and 2015.

A score of 80-89 is considered Good. A score of 95 to 100 is rated Excellent.

She gave me copies of these two reports on HRV

[www.preventionandhealing.com]

[www.preventionandhealing.com]

[level1diagnostics.com] [level1diagnostics.com]

Jackie
Joe
January 13, 2019 05:12PM
Thank you very much Jackie!

It fully explains my question. Now, i have to understand it all cool smiley
Frequency domain methods: HRV may be studied in the frequency domain by converting heart rate (time domain) to a power spectrum (frequency domain) using a mathematical algorithm called the Fourier transformation. High frequencies (over 0.15 Hz) indicate respiratory sinus arrhythmia, while lower frequencies reflect autonomic (sympathetic and parasympathetic) factors. Reductions in frequency occur in patients with autonomic dysfunction, such as diabetic neuropathy. Frequency domain measures of HRV are more difficult to perform than time domain analyses. However, for continuous recordings of longer duration (such as 24 hours), time and frequency domain measurements are highly correlated.Heart rate variability with deep breathing: Deep breathing amplifies HRV, and combining HRV with deep breathing (HRVdb) is a very sensitive method of measuring ANS function. HRVdb methods correlate HRV with respiratory cycles,and usually measure the mean heart rate range (MHRR) and the expiratory-to-inspiratory ratio (E:I). HRVdb has been used reliably in autonomic function tests in various autonomic disorders, including neuropathies, neurodegenerative disorders, and autonomic failure.
January 13, 2019 06:45PM
I havn't paid any attention to HRV, don't quite see why it matters all that much. I did a little reading tonight and read that you can't compare HRV because everyones is different. Why would you need to be tested for HRV, there are so many other tests and blood work to test for problems?

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login