Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Collagen NOT from seafood

Posted by Louise 
Collagen NOT from seafood
November 26, 2018 06:37PM
Does anyone have a good source of collagen that does not cause calcium overdose? Thank you. Louise
Re: Collagen NOT from seafood
November 26, 2018 08:33PM
Louise:

I have take a Collagen Peptides in powder form, it is from grass fed, pasture-raised bovine,--it is from Sports Research.com

Liz
November 28, 2018 06:13AM
Thank you Elizabeth..
November 28, 2018 12:23PM
Louise - I have some collagen reports I can share... just have to dig out. There are many types on the market but some are not as good as others for reaching the target. What's your goal for using collagen supplements?

Jackie
November 30, 2018 05:14PM
Hi Jackie,

I was first interested in collagen for joint pain for both my husband and me. Actually, I still am; but I have also read it helps with aging skin and since I am weaning myself off hormones that would be an added bonus! Thank you, Louise
December 01, 2018 10:15AM
Louise - This info is about BioCell Collagen - derived from chicken sternum cartilage... said to be the most effective form. I've used it for several years mainly as a preventive... and it seems to be very effective. There are many types of collagen on the market... but it's mainly the type II collagen ingredient you want to see on the label.
BioCell Collagen®‡ (proprietary chicken sternal cartilage extract).

BioCell Collagen® is hydrolyzed type II collagen that provides a complex matrix of elements (collagen type II, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid) that support joint and skin health.† As we age, the body's ability to make the collagen slows down. BioCell Collagen is a concentrated bioavailable and bioactive formula of naturally occurring molecules that play a vital role in the body's ability to maintain healthy connective tissues, flexible joints, and youthful-looking skin.† Together these elements provide multi-dimensional nutritional support that helps the body more effectively support connective tissue health. BioCell Collagen is non-GMO and free of gluten, soy, shellfish, fish, egg, milk, peanuts, and sugar.†

BioCell Collagen® is a registered trademark of BioCell Technology LLC, Newport Beach, California USA. (Protected by US and International patents)

Jackie
December 01, 2018 04:08PM
Thank you so much for that info Jackie. Louise
December 01, 2018 04:38PM
Elizabeth and Jackie, Sorry, I never think of all my questions at once. What doseage do you take? Thank you, Louise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login