Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium by Dr. Perlmutter

Posted by Elizabeth 
Magnesium by Dr. Perlmutter
September 11, 2018 02:46PM
I went to my local health food store looking for Magnesium Glycinate in powder form, can't take those big tabs., they did not have it. They did however have Magnesium in powder form by Dr. Perlmutter the ingredients are Ionic Magnesium fizz blend, Mag. Carbonate and sodium carbonate, Organic brown rice Magnesium Chelate and a few other ingredients. I bought it, took it last night slept very good, no cramps, I like it. Jackie I know you have written about Dr. Perlmutter in the past do you know anything about this Mag. supplement, it also has a probiotic blend.

Liz
Re: Magnesium by Dr. Perlmutter
September 13, 2018 09:41AM
Hi Liz... sorry for the late response. I know nothing about Dr. Perlmutter's formulation of this form of magnesium, but typically his products are good and reliable... I believe he works with Garden of Life formulators so they are conscientious about purity and such. Does the label indicate how much magnesium you'd be getting with a dose?

Jackie
September 13, 2018 02:55PM
Jackie:

350 mg. per teaspoon, it is relaxing and says it helps one to fall asleep, which it did. Yes the product is from Garden of Life.

Liz
September 23, 2018 01:47PM
It really helps to calm the nerves.
September 28, 2018 04:19PM
It has been around 2 and a 1/2 weeks since I have been taking this mag. supplement, it is indeed very calming also easy on the stomach, some Mag. supplements gave me cramps. It is the best mag. supplement I have ever taken, I recommend it.

Liz
October 06, 2018 03:44PM
Hi Liz,

I have ordered some of this magnesium, not received it yet, but it recommends taking it with 8oz glass of water.
When and how do you take it. I imagine you would take it before bed to get sleep benifets, but then a glass of water just before bed?

Colin
October 06, 2018 09:19PM
Colin:

I take the mag. about 1/2 hr. before bed, I take about a 1/2 glass of water and it works ok. I usually always get up a few hours after sleeping and go right back to sleep. I would say that 1 hr. before going to bed would be fine, 2/3 of a glass of water should be alright. Hope you like it, I find it calming for my heart, no palps.

Liz
October 09, 2018 03:58PM
Liz,

I took half a teaspoon of mag. in half glass of water last night and had a good night sleep. (I had already taken my daily magnesium supplements.)
According to my fitbit I had about the same amount of sleep but almost twice as much deep sleep as per my 30 day average. I feel well slept and so far it is the best sleep help I have taken, a bit like antivan (lorazepam)
I wonder if it will be just as effective if taken every day, what's your experience Liz ?

Colin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 04:00PM by colindo.
October 10, 2018 09:46PM
I take the mag. every night as that is where I get my mag. from, I have been sleeping a lot better and am more relaxed. There are times when I have something on my mind so I don't sleep as well then but those nights are few. One other thing it has a fizz to it which I like, it also has some probiotic blend which is great. I have taken different mag. supplements over a lot of years but I really am liking this one the best, I don't know what my mag. level is so the next time I have a doctors' appt. I will get it measured. How are you liking it?

Liz
October 11, 2018 12:42PM
Thanks for your input Liz. It's good to know his product is helpful. Typically, the probiotic products he helped formulate with Garden of Life are extremely effective... so the added Mg is a really great adjunct.

Jackie
October 27, 2018 08:30AM
I have always taken Magnesium/Glycinate with great results. Dosage is usually 240-320 with increasing to 600 plus depending on need. I was a bit disappointed, but not surprised, to hear from another site that certain manufacturers have inaccurate dosages listed. One of note was Remag which listed 150mg of Mag in 1/2 tsp. Testing showed less than 100mg. Ive never purchased that type because the price is ridiculously high, but to slight the contents is even more disturbing. I purchase all supplements from my ND who's company does independent testing from 2 labs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login