Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Sam
Four Weeks Post-Bordeaux Ablation
July 10, 2018 05:36AM
I felt pretty good after leaving the hospital and looked forward to telling you the considerable progress I had made in the next four weeks. Sadly that is not the case as I'm feeling considerably worse.

A I mentioned in another post constipation leading to impaction started from the day of the operation; presumably from the morphine. As a result of this (presumably) I gradually felt worse. It lasted two weeks until Laxido solved the problem; only to be followed by extreme diarrhea. This was worse as it meant I wasn't getting the nutrients I should have from my food and probably likewise from supplements and medication.

Fortunately a psyllium supplement stopped this in 2/3 days though it caused a touch of the opposite problem again for a few days. Normal movements returned yesterday.

At present I can do very little, including walking, without a buildup of pressure and discomfort in the chest.

Of course side effects of Pradaxa, Flecainide and Lansoprazole could also be playing a part.

Hopefully I'll be able to come back in another four weeks with a more positive report.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login