Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Eggs
December 16, 2017 05:26PM
Hi everyone,joined here because I had email,mentioned about eggs,I was diagnosed with AF 5 years ago,age 57,No heart problems,began with hours attacks every three month's,then gradually progressed to twice a week sometimes lasting hours, until 9 weeks ago not one attack,I ask myself what has changed,I answered stopped eating eggs,any comments welcome.
Joe
Re: Eggs
December 17, 2017 02:02AM
The simplest, cheapest and best way to find out if one has a food sensitivity is by the pulse test.
One has to establish one's resting pulse first. That is first thing in the morning prior to getting up and assuming there are no sensitivities to environmental substances e.g. house dust, detergents the bedding was washed in etc.
Introducing food step by step or at least keeping a record, then taking one's pulse periodically and if the pulse rate increased by > 15 ppm then go back and think about what was consumed etc. (this is assuming no physical exertion is the cause).
December 18, 2017 07:48PM
I think you are just having a good stretch of NSA. Hard to believe a egg is causing AFIB or is a trigger. I have had 2 Ablations since 2014 with Dr. Natalie the last in July 2016. I am doing great. I was Persistent AFIBBER.
I continue to take Magnesium everyday and try to get my potassium by food. I am not into conspiracy theories on any level especially 1 or 2 eggs causing AFIB.
JMO
December 29, 2017 03:29AM
How are you fixing your Eggs? Someone posted before that the Spray for pans like "PAM" was causing their AFIB. Might have been the Olive Oil kind.
January 02, 2018 07:25PM
Does anyone have concrete evidence that eggs cause AFIB? I mean really Pam spray? We all could come up with a answer. I guarantee you Dr. Natale would not back any of this.
January 02, 2018 07:40PM
This isn't Dr. Natale's specialty. Dr. Natale and the other Ablationists only treat the symptoms or end result of the condition. This is where we try to find the root causes and Triggers for our AFIB. Maybe I will research it later. There was a poster several years ago that was convinced that cooking spray was the cause of his/her AFIB.
January 03, 2018 02:11PM
Environmental influences... even Pam Spray can definitely be a trigger if over time the person has been exposed to chemicals long enough that some cells become very reactive to the exposure. In the PAM, it could be the propellant chemcial in the spray that is the trigger... This can occur with foods as well if, over time, one builds an intolerance to certain food components. This is not at all uncommon but what is common is for it to be unrecognized in the medical field unless you go to those who deal with toxic exposure reactions.

As Joe mentions, the pulse testing is an easy, economical assessment of potentials that cause individual reactions.

There is a classic (antique) book "The Pulse Test" by Arthur Cocoa ... that is now public domain and can be read here on the Internet... worth a look... [empoweredsustenance.com] many options with a Google search.

Practitioners of Muscle Testing also use a battery of those tests to determine foods and substances that cause reactions in the body so they can be avoided.

When it comes to evaluating sensitivities that can cause various reactions, there are many that work and yes...they are typically outside the scope of most physicians who haven't had the extra training in the many facets of functional or restorative medicine practices.

Jackie
Joe
January 03, 2018 03:52PM
Muscle testing is a good way but you need someone to do it for you and who knows how to do it correctly.
January 03, 2018 05:38PM
Well, Joe - that's a good point. Some claim to be experts in muscle testing and don't have the skill. I've experienced several different practitioners using muscle testing and it seemed (to me) that only one did it proficiently and reliably.

So...that leaves pulse testing and that's been used for ages; is economical, always available and from a reliable source. smiling smiley

Jackie
January 05, 2018 12:42PM
I would dare bet Dr. Natale has done much research on the causes of AFIB. I just feel we get caught up in this world of “what if’s “ or maybes or it is possible etc.
It’s like asking how this person got Lung Cancer and have never smoked a cigarette or used any tobacco products. I know of a 57 year old woman who died of stomach cancer and this woman ate and lived a healthy life style for the las 35 years of her life.
January 05, 2018 01:21PM
Hi Smackman - there are countless cases where 'healthy' people develop a condition that seemed unlikely given their lifestyle and such. I've mentioned recently about the progressive muscle pain and weakness ( I had many years ago) diagnosed as "fibromyalgia" and was prescribed muscle relaxants and Rx pain meds as a remedy which didn't address the problem and made me feel worse. Ultimately, I found a family practice doctor with advanced education and certification in nutrition who did various metabolic tests to determine function of various systems and the levels of nutrients needed to optimize those functions.

It turned out that I was extremely low in Vitamin D. None of the doctors I saw up to that point for the pain... and there were many... ever tested for vitamin D as it probably never occurred to them, based on limited nutrition education, that what I had was a classic sign of low vitamin D. I even had muscle biopsy! Fortunately, all that I developed as a result of the deficiency was the pain and weakness that was reversed with repletion and time.

Other long-standing nutritional deficiencies can allow much more severe complications to manifest with time. As I mentioned in the vitamin D commentary, I have a much worse (horrific) story to tell about the consequences of iodine deficiency and failure to test or recognize the connection. Eventually, eventually, I'll post that as well because the 'awareness' message is important.

Jackie
January 06, 2018 12:01PM
The problem is that most individuals do not have the access to Doctors that you speak of. Like many, I live in a rural area where no such Dictors exists. I would probably have to travel 300 miles to find such a Doctor.
My point is that individuals such as I would have to self diagnose to try this major Holistic approach and I do not believe in self medicating
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login