Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Medical Marijuana?

Posted by Myron 
Medical Marijuana?
June 01, 2017 02:59AM
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain:Acapulco Gold from:[www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com] . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Medical Marijuana?
June 02, 2017 09:32AM
Myron: My wife has long term auto immune issues, (collagenous colitis), has had breast cancer and various side effects from the steroid treatment for the colitis.

She has a fear of being stoned, (had a bad trip once 50 years ago and will not even consider high THC, the component that gets you high, products other than topical). She has a medical marijuana license, easily obtainable here in CA online for $49 in about a half hour. She has tried various high CBD products, (1 part THC to 18 parts CBD), in various forms, never smoking, and has found no significant effects, certainly no highs. She has not tried edibles as it's very difficult to calibrate the effectivity time and dosage of them. We were told by the physician issuing her license that all marijuana therapy requires some THC to release the other components, CBD, CBN and others, to work.

Looking into medical marijuana we found that currently there's no real distinction between medical vs.recreational marijuana. Any marijuana product can be medical or recreational depending upon how the user feels it works.

We've seen nothing close to a double blind study of marijuana or really any definition or calibration of the various forms. Most all the evidence is anecdotal. The government did some studies of THC extracts years ago with few if any conclusions and whole marijuana contains so many components varying from sample to sample that its very difficult to calibrate.Of course the product changes from location to location and year to year, even the clones.

By far the most sales in the brick and mortar dispensaries are in the high THC buds for smoking.to get high. Of course that's anecdotal evidence, too, but easily observed by hanging out in one of the dispensaries for any length of time. Getting high, maybe like a drinking a few beers, no doubt has some temporary euphoric effects but does anyone really consider alcohol consumption a medication?

Bottom line for us as this time is watchful waiting for real data to be published on the medical usage and effectiveness of cannabis. Having seen no negative effects of high CBD products other than the high cost she's willing to try others when available.

Gordon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login