Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

benadryl

Posted by Elizabeth 
benadryl
April 09, 2017 02:34PM
Hi:

Does anyone here take benadryl or a like product? I have read that taking benadryl can cause alzhemiers (sp), I have taken benadryl off and on for years. A lot of times I have problems breathing through my nose, my eyes water and I get a little headache in other words I have allergies, benadryl opens it all up and I feel good. Now reading this about benadryl concerns me, i thought if i just took 2 a week i would be ok. Unless you all have some nature methods that work.

thanks
Liz
Re: benadryl
April 10, 2017 09:44AM
Liz some of the newer non drowsy antihistamines should really help like Claritin and a few others including my a new one at all the pharmacy is these days the name of which escapes me but starts with an 'X' ... are tailor made for your symptoms. ... most good health food stores and also IHERB will have several good formulas as either capsules or tinctures of. ombined herbal remedies for these kind of allergic reactions and some of the more potent ones really do work well too. Just talk to your local supplement store too for formulas that work well in your reaction during allergy season.

Best wishes Liz!

Shannon
Re: benadryl
April 10, 2017 01:28PM
Shannon;

Are you talking about Xyzol? Claritin, Benadryl and Xyzol are all antihistamines, benadryl works for me and it also helps me to sleep. I was just concerned about the brain fog that these drugs might cause, I will drop the dosage to only a couple of tabs a week. I am coming to the conclusion that they really don't know what causes a lot of things, too much is bad but a small amount hopefully will be ok.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login