Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flu and odd observation

Posted by tsco 
Flu and odd observation
March 18, 2017 01:01AM
I did choose to skip my flu shot this year and thinking I had dodged a bullet I took it on the chin a week ago. This morning I actually went to th ER concerned it was morphing into pneumonia and afraid it would cause problems with my afib. So during this week of sickness and even on monitors at the hospital I had no weird heart stuff going on. Of course I've not eaten well at all. Did get iv fluids today. No pneumonia etc. started feeling like I was coming back to life around 10 pm tonight! I took 2 ibuprofen 200 mg for aches and now I'm getting hot flashes and palpitations like crazy not to mention wide awake!,! Can this be explained? Is it my body waking back up from the stress or? Thoughts appreciated
Re: Flu and odd observation
March 20, 2017 07:54PM
Influenza virus causes massive release of inflammatory cytokines from infected cells.

My HR right now, lying in bed, is 30bpm higher than normal.
March 21, 2017 02:51PM
Yes… inflammatory cytokines do cause afibbers more symptoms than probably those w/o arrhythmia. Anti-inflammatories that are not related to aspirin or NSAIDs include many helpful herbals and other nutrients. However, if you don’t already have a remedy ‘arsenal’ on hand, often it’s hard to get out to get it once you are down with a bug.

For the future, I’d like to share some of my home remedies that have worked well for me for many years. Some are early prevention protocols and others are to help circumvent acute, onset symptoms so you don’t become severely ill. As is typical, timing is everything.

When symptoms of flu or cold first start to surface, it’s important to address that immediately. That means having a stash of helpful interventions on hand so you can load up right away. I’ll give examples later in this post.

For prevention, it’s important to recognize that flu and colds are part of every seasonal cycle so it’s smart to be prepared in several ways. First, is to ensure that your immune system has the support needed so it can perform well if you are exposed to a bug…either bacterial or viral. That means starting early in the cold/flu season by supplementing daily. Know your vitamin D levels (25 OH D) so you can begin additional support if you are on the low side. Most functional medicine and nutritional therapists like to see vitamin D at least at 50 ng/ml and preferably in the 60-70 ng/ml range; some say even higher. Historically, those who maintain the higher ranges have the best record of resisting colds and flu. Example: I keep mine between 60 and 70 year round and have not had a cold for 16 years or flu for 17 years. I have not had a flu shot since 1995. The form to take is Vitamin D3 cholecalficerol with a fatty meal or Omega 3 fish oil, coconut oil, etc. I take 5,000 IU daily and double that starting in late September through the end of April when I can get out in the natural sunshine again. I am tested twice a year.

Zinc is an important mineral that helps support every aspect of immune system function and many other important functions as well. Zinc is often too low in many people. Easy to supplement and economical. You can be tested for zinc deficiency and there's an easy home test my doctor recommended.… such as Zinc Challenge or Zinc Tally. It’s a liquid form of Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate. You put 2 teaspoons in your mouth and hold for 10 to 30 seconds and measure your taste experience by a scale of zero taste to "horrible." Zero taste = deficiency and various stages of Bad to Horrible indicate adequate zinc levels. If you are low, you can supplement by taking doses of that liquid and repeat the testing until taste indicates zinc status improvement. [www.amazon.com]

Adequate levels of Vitamin C are also important to maintain year-round for health and prevention. Many ailments are the result of low vitamin C and many influences deplete it quickly. Therefore, high-food content and supplementation are recommended. If the body has high need of vitamin C as with chronic ailments and inflammation, more is needed and because most vitamin C tends to have the bowel tolerance issues, the liposomal form of vitamin C is excellent for both daily use and high-doses when cold or flu symptoms surface. It’s useful for afibbers because of the anti-inflammatory properties as well.

Preventive measures for Symptoms of cold or flu:

If I ever have a symptom such as a scratchy throat or sneezing, I have a preventive protocol stash that I use immediately and the symptoms are gone in a flash.

Lypo-spheric Vitamin C - by LivOn Laboratories
Some time ago, in a post on the lipospheric form of Vitamin C… (LipoC), the benefits of this form of vitamin C were described. Lipo C is known to cure many diseases… reference books: “Curing the Incurable” and “Primal Panacea” by Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD. It has proven to be exactly as advertised for me and a host of people to whom I’ve recommended it. Read more here: [www.livonlabs.com]

It’s important to have at least one box on hand. Two would be best. That way, you can begin treatment immediately. If you wait to order, the bug can take hold. I would never travel without at least 10 packets of LipoC.

Use
At the first ‘inkling’ of a symptoms that could be a cold or flu, start by taking 2 packets of LipoC and another 2 packets at bedtime. If symptoms are severe the next day, continue with 2 or more packets. The good news is there isn’t the bowel tolerance issue that is typical with various other forms of Vitamin C.

The Dosing Equivalency:

One packet delivers 1,000 mg of the liposomal C.

The substitution equivalencies (Lipo C equivalent to C as ascorbic acid)
1,000 mg = 3,000 – 4,000 mg powder
2,000 mg = 8,000 – 10,000 mg powder
3,000 mg = 12,000 – 18,000 mg powder…. (page 133 of Primal Panacea)

Typically, no bowel tolerance issues or stomach distress.

Additionally, just as insurance, I also recommend having the nanoparticle colloidal silver, aka MesoSilver on hand as well.
Again, this immediately locks on to pathogenic bugs. Take a teaspoon or two, hold in your mouth for a minute or two, then swallow.
Source: 2 reliable companies… order by the closest location. Have a couple bottles on hand. Additionally, the topical silver gel is great for cuts, scrapes, bites.
Colloids for Life [www.colloidsforlife.com]
Purest Colloids [www.purestcolloids.com]

Another preventive that is very effective for sore throat and the feeling of a cold coming on is quick, and easy to do…although the taste is not great. I’ve had friends call me to stop by so I can give them a sample of the mixture to carry them through. Most recently, a friend called asking for help as she had a major presentation to the Board of Directors of her company the next day and she was highly symptomatic of a bad cold. She called the next day to say she had been amazed at the rapid turn-around and all went well.

5 drops of – Thieves Essential Oil by Young Living - (safe to ingest- the only one I would trust)
5 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract concentrate by NutraBiotics
2 oz of water. Stir… gargle as long as possible… then swallow the mixture.
It’s very strong/gross… but works like ‘magic’…

Source:
[www.amazon.com]
[www.nutribiotic.com]

Plan ahead for next year and stock up on your preventive arsenal stash.
Plus have your Vitamin D test soon so you know where you stand with that.

Jackie
March 21, 2017 03:54PM
My "arsenal" only includes store-brand D3 and EmergenC packets. I actually ran out of zinc last week sad smiley

As usual, perfect timing!
March 23, 2017 02:41PM
Wolfpack - I can't emphasize enough that during the cold/flu season, it always pays to have one 'extra' of everything on hand in case you have to do dosing 'heroics'.... I used to use EmerGenC... but switched to the Lipospheric C because of the powerful higher dosing equivalencies and related quick results. Yes.. do get zinc. It's really helpful.

I just 'dosed' a friend who had starting with sneezing and runny nose... he took 2 packets LipoC immediately and 2 at bedtime about 5 hours later. Plus zinc and extra vitamin D. By the bedtime dose, the nose symptoms were gone.
The followup dosing the next day was just a precaution... but basically, it reversed the whole trend.

Here in NEOhio... there is a bug going around that settles in as upper respiratory and after a week of coughing plus all the usual cold symptoms, the cough settles deep in the lungs and people are still coughing several weeks later.

Nasty.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login