Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vitamin study

Posted by Elizabeth 
vitamin study
February 20, 2017 12:53PM
BEIJING — Fear of mortality is one reason Americans spend so much on “antioxidant” products, including Vitamin C supplements and beta-carotene, which promise a longer healthier life. According to the National Institutes of Health, more than half of adults in the U.S. consume some kind of antioxidant product, spending $37 billion each year.

But a study conducted in China – where aging is akin to a national obsession these days – found that antioxidants don’t work as billed. The study is published in the journal Redox Biology.
A new study finds that antioxidant supplements may be more harmful to the human body than believed.

Rather than extending longevity, researchers say they trigger a stress reaction which causes the body to age more rapidly.

Another medical study conducted last year found that overuse of Vitamin D supplements was associated with a higher risk of falls in men and in women 70 years and older.

Well what about this study, I agree with them about beta-carotene, some years ago it was touted to be great for eyes, I took the supplement and it made me sick, I was dizzy and got aura migraines everyday, everything cleared up when I stopped the vit..

I have come down to only a few vitamins like magnesium, biotin and all the B vitamins, vit.. K, I take those everyday. I take Vit. C a few times a week, not everyday. I try to get as much nutrients from my food.

Liz
ron
Re: vitamin study
February 22, 2017 02:23PM
Liz, can you give me anymore info on the study on the vitamin D. What would be considered overuse ?....ronH
Re: vitamin study
February 22, 2017 03:57PM
Ron:

I go to Drudge on my computer, a news outlet, that was posted, it is no longer there. I do have this study [authoritynutrition.com] that you could look at.

A lot of oil supplements can build up in ones body, I remember reading that a long time ago. Even a Holistic doctor that my daughter goes to said that certain vitamins can build up in ones body.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login