Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smart meters

Posted by Elizabeth 
smart meters
January 17, 2017 08:35PM
My gas company put two smart meters on my electrical and gas meters, they are on the outside wall of my bedroom. I am concerned about the EMF they may be emitting. I have read about a cage to block the EMF, the cage is made of steel and is put over the meter, it is supposed to be about 95% effective. As anyone heard of this, their website is www.smartmeterguard.com.

Liz
Re: smart meters
January 20, 2017 05:03PM
Liz

Sorry this is of no help to you but I sympathise because I have similar concerns and hope there might be some advice offered.

Being in UK not so many protective products, have not seen any meter guards. Still awaiting smart meters (but imminent). I have many issues with EMF, and fear my ablation might be compromised. Am affected by wifi routers (even wired into bus seats now, can't use these vehicles), cell phone masts and even limit my time on pc. Can barrier methods help? - reflective material/clothing, ( www.bobbyshealthyshop.co.uk ) , geomac energetic vitalisers ( [www.healthy-house.co.uk] ) or earthing mats (but they plug into an electric socket??)

Kaytee

Sorry my links do not appear "live"
January 21, 2017 09:15AM
Liz – if you scan through these report links on Electropollution, you’ll see notations on Smart Meters.

Kaytee - The earthing pad connection goes into the ground plug located in the electrical outlet….at least here in the US.
It certainly can help to some degree.

In these reports, there are many suggestions on how to help offset the EMF exposure.
They are long and detailed but very important.

Be sure note the reader responses and suggestions for ideas on how to guard and protect against EMFs.

Jackie

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

[www.afibbers.org]

There are many more links if you use the search feature for Electropollution or EMFs.
January 21, 2017 07:44PM
Jackie:

Thank you for the links, i realize we are surrounded by all of these modern inventions and we cannot escape them. My point was if anyone has ever used these steel cages that can be put over the meters the site claims they are 97% effective.

Liz
January 22, 2017 11:11AM
Liz - Many of the quotes in the links provided came from Oram Miller, Building Biologist, who helps people reduce EMF exposure in their homes. He does address Smart Meters at this segment of his very extensive website:

[www.createhealthyhomes.com]

[www.createhealthyhomes.com]

Jackie
January 22, 2017 03:41PM
Thank you so much Jackie. Good luck with your situation Liz, I hope someone responds.

This Parliamentary statement about UK smart meter roll out gives me some hope and I have told my supplier I do not want this technology.

“We believe that people will benefit from having smart meters, but we will not make them obligatory. If people are concerned about the electromagnetic issues, they will not be required to have one. We have been willing to give assurances to Hon Members on that account.”

Kaytee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login