Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto-Immune reaction to Knee Joint injections

Posted by The Anti-Fib 
Auto-Immune reaction to Knee Joint injections
September 17, 2016 01:28AM
Hello, I got a series of 3 Visco-supplementation Injections last December. Ever since then I have had an upset GI tract. I suspect an Auto-Immune reaction, since I have an over-reactive Immune system. I have tried selectively eliminating foods, in case something I was eating was causing the issues by coincidence, but that hasn't helped. This side-effect is listed for these Injections, but I can't find references to long-term reactions. The Ortho who did the Injections is clueless about the situation.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have considered the following:

-- Going to a Rhumatologist
-- Going to a GI Tract Dr. (Gastroenterologist)
Re: Auto-Immune reaction to Knee Joint injections
September 17, 2016 11:22AM
That’s very unfortunate.

I presume you've read through the package insert. Apparently there is some evidence of
mild-to-moderate allergic reactions. [www.supartzfx.com]

Since yours is a GI reaction, have you considered using a high-count multi-strain probiotic to encourage an abundance of healthy gut bacteria? There is an abundance support for making sure the microbiome is healthy which then helps ensure overall health. Send me a PM if this is of interest. When 'foreign' substances get through a leaky gut, that manifests as various physical ailments and reactions. The first step is to restore the integrity of the intestine and detoxify the body. You'll need a Functional or Restorative Medicine practitioner as conventional medical practitioners are typically clueless,

Jackie
September 20, 2016 06:00AM
Thanks Jackie.

I started eating a little bit of Organic saurkraut and natural yogurt for the Probiotics. How long should it take to get see any benefit from this?
September 21, 2016 01:41PM
Fermented such as sauerkraut and kimchi are good for probiotics but you have to eat a decent sized serving consistently and often they are loaded with salt so it can be tricky. The natural probiotics in yogurt are minor regardless of what the food companies indicate. Organic Kefir has somewhat more but a lot of people don’t like the taste.

It’s best to use a quality probiotic with at least 30 billion CFUs (colony forming units)… my doctor advises 50-100 billion and those tend to be pricey. Garden of Life is a good brand and I’ve had success with Ultimate Flora critical care - 50 billion and of course, the ultimate is VSL#3…. Giving you this info so you can compare claims for yogurt and such to the bottled probiotics.

As is typical for all nutritional supplements, effects and dosing requirements are often highly individualized and sometimes adding something like sauerkraut acts as a laxative... so be aware.

As for timing, a lot depends on what’s going on in the intestinal tract. If the population of the good bacteria is considerably low, then several weeks or more for improvement; if relatively healthy, then you should notice improvement after a week. It’s highly individual as well.

In any event, adding probiotics is always a positive move because so many influences tend to destroy or alter the microbiome. There are many highly-beneficial effects from optimizing the healthy gut bacteria.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login