Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Confused by spectra cell results

Posted by Lynn 
Confused by spectra cell results
August 19, 2016 07:03AM
My dr. recently gave me a Spectracell test which supposedly measures the intercellular levels of many nutrients. The test came back showing many nutrients were less than optimal. The interesting thing is that serum levels of many of the same nutrients we're drawn at the same time and serum levels were more than sufficient. Some of the less than optimal nutrients were important things like magnesium, CoQ10 and B12. This is a good thing because if the test is accurate it may help my afib. However, when I questioned him regarding what could be causing this, his response was gut issues which doesn't make sense. If the nutrients made it to the serum level they had already passed thru the gut just fine. So what could be causing a number of nutrients to be low at the cellular level when some are excessive at the serum level?

For example B12 is over 1300 at the serum level, but boarder line at the cellular level. I use a number of converted forms of B12 all sublingually. I take metoprolol which I know depletes B vitamins, does it do this at the cellular level, but not the serum level?

I'd be less concerned if this was only one or two nutrients, but this is going on with most of the nutrients so it is a pattern, in spite if using good quality supplementation. Any ideas? Would Eliquis cause this? A parasite, systemic candida? Has anyone else had this test done?
Re: Confused by spectra cell results
August 22, 2016 01:40PM
Sounds kind of like the EXATest discussed on the LAF Forum, although they use X-Ray Analysis for that test.
Some of those like the Mg are well known to test lower when testing Intracellularly than by Serum.
The Kidneys try to maintain proper levels in the Blood, but these values in the Cardiac Muscle Cells are often different, it has to do with transporting electrolytes through cell membranes.

Finally sometimes Lab values are not accurate.
Re: Confused by spectra cell results
September 08, 2016 10:06AM
Thanks Anti-Fib
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login