Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blood Pressure

Posted by Elizabeth 
Blood Pressure
July 16, 2016 02:54PM
Hi:

For years I have had BP that was around 140 to 160 (systolic), in the doctors office I generally tested at anywhere from 150 to 170s. I eat well, get exercise and it just stays around the same. My doctor works with me and I never have taken BP meds.

I never did say that I take a benadryl tab. every night for years, I have some allergys and it also helps me to sleep. I never thought much about it and in fact never listed it along with the supplements and and meds I take (propafenone and synthroid), never gave it any thoughts that it could cause any problems.

Well, I quit taking benadryl about two months ago because I read that it could increase bP, this last month in taking my BP on my home monitor I have been surprised, I have not had my BP this low day in and day out in many years. It is anywhere from 107 to 130. I have been eating a lot of berries and cherries, lots of veggies from my garden but I have done that before. Is it possible that the Benadryl caused my BP to rise? Or, is something else going on in my body?

Liz
Sam
Re: Blood Pressure
July 18, 2016 08:09AM
Many websites warn that Benadryl can raise Blood Pressure. Your own experience certainly seems to confirm this.

Sam
Re: Blood Pressure
July 18, 2016 01:29PM
Sam:,
I eat good food (a lot that I raise myself) exercise, I could never understand why my BP was as high as it was. I was ignorant about the benadryl, just never though that would cause my BP to be on high side. There should be more warnings about it.

My diastolic number is usually a few points under 60 on my home monitor, I have read that could be a problem,

Liz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2016 01:35PM by Elizabeth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login