Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vitamin B

Posted by spekkles 
Vitamin B
May 31, 2016 12:59AM
I would like to supplement with Vitamin B Complex and am having difficulty in finding out how much Vitamin B1 , 3, 6, 12, and Folate I should be taking.....also, how can I tell whether the Folate is 'natural' and not synthetic. I have also read that Vitamin B12 should be taken as a spray under the tongue as in tablet form it is ineffective. Can anyone help....or direct me to a link that may give me this information.
Many thanks Spekkles
Erling Mork
Re: Vitamin B
May 31, 2016 12:56PM
Hi,

For what it's worth, I use this sublingual co-enzymated B-complex formulation by Source Naturals, 60 or 120 tablets, orange or peppermint. See complete formulation and many customer reviews with pro / con information: [www.iherb.com]

Erling Mørk
June 01, 2016 08:49AM
Spekkles... You can compare the contents of the B Supreme complex by Designs for Health - a professional grade product - at this website... as an example of the forms and quantity recommended by Functional Medicine practitioners.
[www.rockwellnutrition.com]

Same thing with the sublingual B12 which should always be the methylcobalamin form.
[www.rockwellnutrition.com]

Note the product data description and study references included.

Jackie
June 08, 2016 01:16AM
Thanks Jackie and Erling....much appreciated!
June 09, 2016 11:43AM
I prefer the Country Life Coenzymated B Complex taking two capsules a day, morning and evening and add extra doses of the Country Life P-5-P (which is coezymated B6 at 50mg twice a day morning and evening with breakfast and dinner) .. I also add their 5,000mcg sublingual Methylated B-12 lozenges and take two of Country Life's sublingual
5-MTHF Folate lozenges which are 800mcg each for total of 1,600mcg ( plus what extra 5-MTHF is inside the co-enzymatic B-Complex caps).

I finish off my overall B vitamins Each day with 1,200 mg of Pantathine ( a more Bioavailable form of B5 pantothenic acid) that is especially good for the heart and reducing of plaque formation in the arterial system) also I take 500mg of Benfotiamine (a more broadly useable form of vitamin B1 thiamine that is particularly good at reducing AGEs in the body (advanced glycation end products (AGE) that greatly can effect vascular health when too excessive. I also take 1,000mg a day of L-Carnosine (a very powerful anti-AGE amino acid).

I distantly related to B-vitamin class of nutients is PQQ which had a host of potential broad range benefits and is found in every living cell from single cell organisms up through humans. Including plants virus , bacteria etc ... PQQ and the hormone melatonin are two of the most ubiquitous molecules known to s i.e. car found in every living organism yet discovered. That ubiquity logically indicates these molecules in sufficient amounts for the given organism are very likely an essential component for life or at least a healthy life.

Each day I also take 100mg of PQQ along with 100mg of pycnogenol
and 100mg of pterostilbene ( a longer acting relative of resveratrol) and 200mg of S-Acetyl Glutathione which is an orally Bioavailable form of the master endogenous anti-oxidant and systemic detoxifier glutathione.

Of course there is LiveOn lypospheric Vitamin C at 3 grams, Co-Q10 , magnesium, zinc and a other basic nutrients each day.

Plus I take three 100mg softgel capsules of Cardiokinase, one cap 3 times a day. Just as a combo aid to endothelial health along with pycnogenol
and some of the others mentioned above.

In any event , I'm straying well past the B-vitamin family now so will wrap it up :-).

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login