Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Alex - topic Alzheimers

Posted by Erling-Moerk 
Erling-Moerk
May 08, 2016 03:32PM
Hi Alex - thought we should continue with your topic on Alzheimers,

Memory happens via neurons -- obviously. Neurons are cells with membranes. Google neuron membrane, images [www.google.com]

Membranes are reparable, thus neurons and memory are reparable. Brilliant Stephen Levine PhD founded Allergy Research Group [www.allergyresearchgroup.com] Allergy Research Group occasionally sends FOCUS News Letters. Here is the August 2012 FOCUS [www.allergyresearchgroup.com]

Repair the Membrane, Restore the Body: A Breakthrough Discovery Comes of Age
by Stephen Levine, PhD

This issue of FOCUS has special meaning for me. It reaches back in time to the incredible excitement generated in the early 1970’s by the stunning discoveries of Singer and Nicolson. These two scientists deciphered the actual biochemical structure of the cellular membrane. They called it the Lipid Bi-Layer Fluid Mosaic Model. I was a graduate student in genetics at UC Berkeley. Their model was talked about in laboratories, over lunch tables, and in classrooms. It was a truly exciting time.

Today, nearly forty years later, this discovery has come full circle. With four decades of research on this model of the cell membrane, all of which has not only proven to be true, but has been further refined in its implications, we are at a breakthrough crossroads. We now know how the membrane functions. We know what it is made of. We know how it is designed. We understand its remarkable ability to remain in flux and motion. Above all, we have the technology to actually optimize cell function by replacing damaged parts of the membrane. We can make vast improvements in our health.

For you see, understanding the structure and function of the cell membrane has enormous implications for understanding the very lifespan of a cell. The cell membrane is not just an envelope around the cell. It is where the action occurs. Every part of the cell—its outer membrane, the membrane of the mitochondria, the golgi apparatus, the lysosomal membrane, the nuclear membrane—all of them have the same lipid bi-layer structure and are made of the same components. Thus the findings of Singer and Nicolson have incredible impact.

As you will discover in this issue, in a piece by Dr. Nicolson himself, the cell membrane is made of a very special blend of lipids, in a very unique composition and structure. And these lipids can be replaced when damaged. That’s what a healthy cell does all the time. But in modern life, as we age, face environmental insults, or suffer from chronic infections, toxins and illnesses, we need a bit of help. That comes in the form of Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®)—offering the body pristine, undamaged lipids in the same ratio and composition that the cell membrane has.

Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®) affects all the cells of the body. Cells get much more than a new skin. They actually get a total reconstitution of every membranous structure from the actual cell itself down into its very heart, its mitochondria. And as you will discover in this issue, the mitochondria determines the fate of the cell. If the mitochondrial membrane becomes damaged, the cell itself may die. Optimal, unoxidized membranes will improve so many aspects of cell function. Healthy cell membranes will support the many enzymatic reactions that occur along their surfaces. Nutrients will be deftly absorbed. Waste will be expeditiously ferried out. Cell to cell communication will be vastly improved. Hormone sensitivity and utilization will increase, for there are receptors for hormones on the membrane. The vitality of the cell is actually measurable in membrane charge differential—which is the voltage across the cell membrane. The cell is literally charged with life. ATP generation and cellular energy will improve.
The great promise from Lipid Replacement Therapy(LRT®) is demonstrated in the very strong anti-fatigue effects seen in the published articles we cite in this issue, along with the experiences of doctors on the frontline and in the trenches dealing with the chronically ill daily.

The first and most important way this change will be experienced is in greater energy. That energy can be measured by a validated scale called the Piper Fatigue Scale, which was first created to measure cancer fatigue. It can also be measured by redox active dye assays of the actual mitochondrial membrane function. There are actual, highly dramatic increases in mitochondrial function with proper lipid replacement therapy.

Energy, in the form of ATP and other high energy compounds, determines our health. Energy is the currency which turns on and operates cellular function. By optimizing cellular energy we establish a stage for true health regeneration to occur.

How many health problems could be improved or reversed if we focused first and foremost on restoring the lipid membrane of the cells?

Two years ago Dr. Ba Hoang, MD, PhD, and I published a paper in Medical Hypotheses on the voltage across ion channels and the bioenergtic causes of cancer. I must admit a bias toward viewing phenonmenon based upon potential underlying energetic mechanisms. If someone is low on energy, they can’t perform. If they have energy, the charge, the voltage, the very life potential, action can manifest.

Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®) particularly interests me for its ability to improve the global gut issues we see today. Gut endothelial cells divide and reproduce daily. Because of their rapid turnover, there is a tremendous demand for healthy lipids in building healthy cell membranes. An improvement in gastrointestinal function is probably going to appear as an early indicator of response to membrane rejuvenation via Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®).
We now have the technology to optimize cell function by replacing damaged parts of the cell and mitochondrial membrane. We can make vast improvements in our health.

The great promise from Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®) is demonstrated in the very strong anti-fatigue effects seen in the published articles we cite in this issue, along with the experiences of doctors on the frontline and in the trenches dealing with the chronically ill daily.

As many of you know, free radical damage and antioxidants are my life passion, from the time long ago when I coauthored with Parris Kidd the textbook Antioxidant Adaptation: Its Role in Free Radical Pathology. If pristine lipids restore the cell membrane, the next step should be potent antioxidant therapy to protect the lipids from oxidative damage once they’ve been absorbed. Over 25 years ago I speculated that literally all forms of stress can be mediated into cellular damage via oxidative stress. Time has generated much support for my initial notion. Antioxidants are critical to protect against oxidative damage at the double bond site and thereby prevent the initial oxidation, subsequent peroxidation, and oxidative chain reactions that characterize most of membrane damage. Once membranes are seriously damaged they need help via lipid replacement therapy. The great beauty of (LRT®) therapy is that it is both necessary and sufficient. It works.

I’ve been utilizing Lipid Replacement Therapy (LRT®) myself for six weeks. I had stopped running for a while, which I deeply missed. For decades, running has been my joy along with meditating. Now I have begun to run again. I do not believe that is a coincidence.
========

Google:
-- Nutrient Transport Factor or NTF or NT Factor: [www.google.com]
-- Lipid Replacement Therapy LRT: [www.google.com]
-- NTFactor powder: [www.amazon.com]
-- Propax with NTFactor: [www.amazon.com]

Erling Mørk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2016 03:40PM by Moerk.
May 08, 2016 11:29PM
Hello Erling,

I know more than many or most aviation pilots license holders about the mathematical principles involved in flying.

This doesn't make me a better pilot.

I looked up lipid replacement therapy and there is so much information which could be looked at.

I am looking for a lazier simpler way.

A apparently very healthy 76 kg man [apart from completely unnoticeable by me low-level heart rate irregularity]. My only medication is half dose Eliquis.

I do take lots of supplementation and the only more recent unusual ones are live-on liposomal glutathione and vitamin C.

What is a simpler way to enter the lipid replacement therapy universe?

Thanks

Alex
Anonymous User
May 09, 2016 03:04PM
Hi Alex,

Nothing could be simpler than 1/4 teaspoon NTFactors powder twice daily, floated on a gulp of water in a small glass.

I'm reading the lipids might be blocked by the blood-brain barrier (BBcool smiley.

Wishing her the best !

================

48.82 $ U.S. @ Amazon for 60 days at above dosing = ~1 $ per day.
[Amazon.com]
May 11, 2016 07:46PM
I've been taking NT Factor and its prior version for almost 10 years. Its a very good product and the theory behind the combined nutrients in NT Factor make sense for having a potential neurological benefit that has kept me taking it ever since. But I am not taking it based on any claims of' confirmed sure 'cures', just to be clear on this point.

And I have not seen any claims, nor any proof whatsoever, that it is a reliable 'cure' for Alzheimers. Well conceived formulas like NT Factor 'might' have a number of useful benefits and possibly even for neurological condition such as dementia and Alzhemiers to one degree or another ... underscoring the word 'potentially beneficial' . and I take them based on what sounds like reasonably good evidence of possible efficacy ... not because of any absolute proof of same which to date does not exist in convincing quantity or quality of evidence I have seen. I also take regular doses of high-quality Phosphatidyl Choline in addition to a host of other reasonably well-researched nutrients including those that are vital in the enzymatic conversion process necessary for proper endogenous hormone production from dietary building blocks for these vital chemical messengers (hormones) to work properly in the body.

I also take a number of bio-identical hormones to replace the normal physiology levels ot those hormones in my body that have proven to have declined well below normal healthy levels, as is common for most of the key hormones our bodies need to produce as we age tend to do as we move closer to our senior years, not to mention as we are exposed to the typical stressors of modern life including certain environmental toxicities as we age as well that can have a real impact on either directly impairing hormone function and/or nutritional assimilation which, in turn, often negatively impacts hormone sufficiency via reduced enzyme function needed to convert the initial nutritional building block or metabolites into the functional form of a given hormone ( or neurotransmitters which act very much like hormones as well) such that these chemical messengers can bind properly to their corresponding cellular receptors and do the work nature intended them to do for sustaining a healthy body.

For what it is worth, as a single anecdotal experience with NT Factor and Alzheimers I had a close friend from Holland whose Aunt developed early stage Alzheimer in early 2008 and starting shortly after her diagnosis I recommended that she take NT Factor and Phosphatidyl Choline in good size doses with approval by her doctor ( who I was grateful to learn had no objections) along with other good quality antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients and herbs such as curcumin, vitamin D and other memory enhancing nootropic supplements.

While her aunt seemed to feel somewhat better for a time ... she nevertheless died of continually progressive Alzheimer in late 2011 .... so just saying and keeping it real ...in this experiment of one, NT Factor take daily by this nice lady for just shy of 4 years after beginning at early stage Alzheimer's did not rescue her from an early and tragic demise in which she hardly knew her niece or other close family members at all near the end. Whether it slowed the progression of her disease for some time we will never know, she did maintain her ability to recognize family and friends until the just over a year before death, but I certainly cannot say that NT Factor proved to be anything close to an actual cure for Alzheimers for this one human case I was aware of and followed.
Anonymous User
May 12, 2016 12:07AM
Hello Alex,

Straight from the horse's mouth:
[www.immed.org]

Professor Garth Nicolson explains how Lipid Replacement Therapy with NT Factor is an effective way to reduce chronic fatigue associated with neurodegenerative diseases and also reduces the effects of excess oxidative damage to our nerves and other cells.

By Prof. Garth Nicolson
Department of Molecular Pathology,
The Institute for Molecular Medicine,
Huntington Beach, CA

Lipid Replacement Therapy and Mitochondrial Damage in Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia

The following is taken, in part, from an invited symposium presentation entitled "Chronic Bacterial and Viral Infections
in Neurodegenerative and Neurobehavioral Diseases" presented at the 18nd International Symposium on Functional Medicine held on April 28-30, 2011 in Seattle, Washington.

[continue]
May 15, 2016 07:21AM
Look into Methylene Blue.
About 150 years ago, synthetic dye was discovered called Methylene Blue.
One of its uses is for fish in aquariums for fin rot etc.
Known as a heterocyclic aromatic chemical compound, methylene blue possesses a unique molecular formula that situates it well as an effective medicinal treatment. The compound appears as a solid, odorless, dark green powder when held at room temperature. However, when mixed with water, the green powder dissolves and yields a characteristic blue solution.
It’s been studied for 150 years and used safely...now here is breakthrough research on this unique simple chemical that may contain the secret to prolonging life and increasing energy levels, even increasing brain ability.
Methylene blue has revolutionary anti-aging qualities. It has been used for over 100 years, for everything from treating and eliminating diseases such as malaria, to assisting cell respiration and helping repair broken mitochondria.

At any rate it appears that vitamin c is needed. At least there should be vitamin C circulating in the body when taking methylene blue. I don't think its necessary to take vitamin c every time one takes methylene blue.

blue M&Ms their color may help mend spinal injuries
[flash.lymenet.org]
[www.nbcnews.com]
Potential Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Cure Found In Century-old Drug
[www.sciencedaily.com]

Methylene Blue Cures
[www.earthclinic.com]

This above is just a drop in the bucket

Methylene blue side effects
[www.drugs.com]
[www.bing.com] Bing Search
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
pain in your chest or behind your breast bone
pale or blue skin;
high fever, fast or pounding heartbeats, trouble breathing;
or confusion, feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects may include:
mild bladder irritation;
mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach;
dizziness;
headache; or
increased sweating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 FREE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login