Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself. Lissa Rankin MD, OB/GYN

Posted by Erling-Moerk 
Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself (December 2014) [www.amazon.com]

We’ve been led to believe that when we get sick, it’s our genetics. Or it’s just bad luck—and doctors alone hold the keys to optimal health. Therefore when Dr. Lissa Rankin’s own health started to suffer, she turned to Western medical treatments, but what she found was that they not only failed to help; they made her worse. So she decided to take matters into her own hands.

Through her research, Dr. Rankin discovered that the health care she had been taught to practice was missing something crucial: a recognition of the body’s innate ability to self-repair and an appreciation for how we can control these self-healing mechanisms with the power of the mind. To better understand this phenomenon, she explored peer-reviewed medical literature and found evidence that the medical establishment had been proving that the body can heal itself for over 50 years.

Using extraordinary cases of spontaneous healing, Dr. Rankin shows how thoughts, feelings, and beliefs can alter the body’s physiology. She lays out the scientific data proving that loneliness, pessimism, depression, fear, and anxiety damage the body, while intimate relationships, gratitude, meditation, sex, and authentic self-expression flip on the body’s self-healing processes.

In this book, you’ll find a radical new wellness model based on Dr. Rankin’s scientific findings. Her unique six-step program will help you uncover where things might be out of whack in your life—spiritually, creatively, environmentally, nutritionally, and in your professional and personal relationships—so that you can create a customized treatment plan aimed at bolstering these health-promoting pieces of your life. You’ll learn how to listen to your body’s “whispers” before they turn to life-threatening “screams” that can be prevented with proper self-care, and you’ll learn how to trust your inner guidance when making decisions about your health and your life.

By the time you finish Mind Over Medicine, you’ll have made your own Diagnosis, written your own Prescription, and created a clear action plan designed to help you make your body ripe for miracles.

========

Sage acknowledgements:

“What a pleasure it is to see the next generation of physicians waking up to what I call real medicine—the kind that acknowledges our true power to heal and be well.”
— Christiane Northrup, M.D., OB/GYN physician and author of the New York Times bestsellers: Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause

“In this book, Lissa Rankin clearly states what many health care providers (not to mention patients) already know: the way our society’s physicians are trained, pres­sured, and overworked is in many ways inimical to the process of healing. In her life, her work, and her words, Dr. Rankin demonstrates a new way to combine the bril­liance of modern science with the wisdom of the heart. Anyone who will ever need a doctor, and certainly anyone who will ever be a doctor, will be enriched and enlight­ened by her ideas. Just reading Mind Over Medicine is a genuinely healing experience.”
— Martha Beck, Ph.D., author of Finding Your Way in a Wild New World

“Being my own inner physician for years means that I’m SUPER thrilled about Dr. Lissa Rankin’s brilliant new book, Mind Over Medicine. She marries intuition with science and shows us all our healing SUPERPOWERS, and how to live our lives this way. And, Lissa’s writing style is so exuberant and deep at the same time, it makes me feel like I can do handstands on the ocean!”
— SARK, author of 16 books, artist, and founder of PlanetSARK.com

“Mind Over Medicine modernizes age old messages of wisdom and makes them easier to understand and apply to modern day lifestyles. This book contains much wisdom in easy-to-apply lessons we can all learn from.”
— Bernie Siegel, M.D., author of Love, Medicine & Miracles

“With humor, warmth, and compelling research, Dr. Lissa Rankin’s Mind Over Medicine begins to heal the most critical fracture of our time—the break between our mind, bodies, and spirit. When it comes to our physical and emotional health, we need to tap into our own wisdom and find our voices. Lissa’s passion and experiences make her the perfect guide for this journey.”
— Brené Brown, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling author of Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead

“Lissa Rankin is a modern day miracle worker with a message the world needs to hear.”
— Chris Guillebeau, New York Times best-selling author of The $100 Startup

“Dr. Lissa Rankin is a jet-powered force of vibrant health and happiness, for women in the world today. This book is vital. It is the first time a physician has written on behalf of the health of the whole body and soul of woman. She identifies the how to’s of optimum health in every aspect of a woman’s life. It is not only a must-read, it is an urgent, required read!”
— Regena Thomashauer (a.k.a. “Mama Gena”), author of Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts

“‘Body and spirit are twins: God only knows which is which,’ Swinburne wisely said more than a century ago. But for most of the twentieth century, the body has hogged the show. Now consciousness, mind, and spirit are back in center stage in medicine. In Mind Over Medicine, Dr. Lissa Rankin shows why. This is a compelling, clear, and reader-friendly vision of where medicine and healing are headed, written by an expert medical insider who’s been there. Buy two copies—one for you and one for your doctor.”
— Larry Dossey, M.D., author of Reinventing Medicine, Healing Words, and One Mind

“WOW! Just wow! That is how I feel about Lissa Rankin’s work! Everything she says rings so true to me, and her voice, as a professional medical doctor, is just what is needed in today’s drug dependent society. Bravo, Lissa for having the courage to speak out and share your truth. This world needs more like you!”
— Anita Moorjani, New York Times best-selling author of Dying to Be Me

“An extraordinary, evidence-based look at the true impact of mindset and lifestyle on pain, disease, and vitality. An M.D. herself, Rankin takes on the establishment from the inside out, building a compelling argument for a new approach to health and healing that puts the patient in the driver’s seat. Prepare to have your mind blow . . . and your body healed.”
— Jonathan Fields, author of Uncertainty and founder of the Good Life Project

“A doctor championing mega-doses of introspection, love, and liberation. A route to health that includes your DNA and your heart’s desire? I’m in! Lissa Rankin sheds scientific and mystical light on our ability to self-heal. She is a doctor for those of us who know in our bones that vitality is ours for the making.”
— Danielle LaPorte, author of The Fire Starter Sessions

“In a world plying pharmaceutical solutions to all our problems, Dr. Lissa Rankin is an oasis of sanity. The deep attention and intimacy of her approach infuses medicine with intuitive insight and turned-on vitality. Lissa redefines healthcare, calling us to activate our own power in service of true well-being—I’m in!”
— Nicole Daedone, founder of OneTaste and author of Slow Sex: The Art and Craft of the Female Orgasm
--This text refers to the Audio CD edition.

About the Author
Lissa Rankin, M.D., is a physician, author, speaker, teacher, and founder of the Whole Health Medicine Institute. She is passionate about what lies at the intersection of science and spirituality and is committed to awakening consciousness not just in the field of health care, but in how we align with our soul's purpose in all aspects of our lives. Lissa teaches several teleclasses, including Medicine For The Soul, Find Your Calling, and Visionary Ignition Switch. Her next book, The Fear Cure, will be published in 2015. She lives in California with her daughter. LissaRankin.com.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2016 08:29PM by Moerk.
Great endorsements for this new 'read'.... especially Larry Dossey's... I look forward to reading soon.

Thanks!

Jackie
Hi Jackie,
Having long accepted as a 'given' the power of mind, thoughts, - both positive and negative - I recall being very pleased reading Larry Dossey MD's Prayer Is Good Medicine when it appeared in '97: [www.amazon.com]

From Dr. Dossey's website: [www.dosseydossey.com]

"I used to believe that we must choose between science and reason on one hand, and spirituality on the other, in how we lead our lives. Now I consider this a false choice. We can recover the sense of sacredness, not just in science, but in perhaps every area of life."

Brief biography:

This distinguished Texas physician, deeply rooted in the scientific world, has become an internationally influential advocate of the role of the mind in health and the role of spirituality in healthcare. Bringing the experience of a practicing internist and the soul of a poet to the discourse, Dr. Larry Dossey offers panoramic insight into the nature and the future of medicine.

Upon graduating with honors from the University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Dossey worked as a pharmacist while earning his M.D. degree from Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, 1967. Before completing his residency in internal medicine, he served as a battalion surgeon in Vietnam, where he was decorated for valor. Dr. Dossey helped establish the Dallas Diagnostic Association, the largest group of internal medicine practitioners in that city, and was Chief of Staff of Medical City Dallas Hospital in 1982.

An education steeped in traditional Western medicine did not prepare Dr. Dossey for patients who were blessed with "miracle cures," remissions that clinical medicine could not explain. "Almost all physicians possess a lavish list of strange happenings unexplainable by normal science," says Dr. Dossey. "A tally of these events would demonstrate, I am convinced, that medical science not only has not had the last word, it has hardly had the first word on how the world works, especially when the mind is involved."

[much more: [www.dosseydossey.com]
========

From [www.dosseydossey.com]

Barbara Dossey:
"Healing is a lifelong journey into
wholeness. Becoming healed involves
learning to trust life."

Larry Dossey:
"We are in the process of rethinking
some of the most ingrained fundamental
assumptions in modern medicine."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2016 09:13PM by Moerk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login