Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium Stearate/Stearic Acid

Posted by spekkles 
Magnesium Stearate/Stearic Acid
August 16, 2015 03:03AM
Just wondering whether the following posting, read on iHerbs, is correct......"Magnesium stearate and stearic acid are major T-cell suppressors and creators of a biofilm in the gut. Biofilm acts as an effective barrier to the absorption of not only that particular supplement that contains magnesium stearate, but ALL the nutrients you'd normally get from food sources as well" ?
Thanks Spekkles
Re: Magnesium Stearate/Stearic Acid
August 16, 2015 10:05AM
Yes - you want to avoid anything that contributes to biofilm buildup.

Check this report on biofilm: [thefunctionalmedicinecenter.com]

And check out all the past posts mentioning magnesium stearate here [www.afibbers.org]

Stephen Olmstead, MD is the leading expert in research on biofilms. If you google his name and biofilms, you'll come up with loads of his reports. (This is a clip from Townsend Letter )

Sephen Olmstead, MD.
Link/Page Citation

Dr. Olmstead is a cardiologist, but he writes in this issue about a microbiology topic--biofilms. I first had the opportunity to work with Dr. Olmstead more than ten years ago, when he was asked to design a study of the effects of intravenous chelation on cardiovascular disease. Although his study design passed muster with the National Institutes of Health, some doctor at the local university hospital thought that chelation was dangerous and didn't deserve to be studied. The university decided not to participate, and the chelation study was abandoned.

Olmstead introduces us to biofilms--a new way to look at microorganism colonization in the gut. While we have been taught to consider organism infection to involve freely circulating organisms, what Olmstead refers to as "planktonic growth," it is more likely that organisms congregate in biofilms. The biofilm offers bacterial and fungal organisms a greater level of defense to resist pathogenic competitors and parasites, as well as chemicals and antibiotics. If the biofilm is indeed the new standard for microorganism colonization in the gut, mouth, and other tissues, the notion that we can depend on antibiotics to control infection appears to be fraught with failure. Olmstead proposes a strategy--curiously, also a triad strategy--to control the infective biofilm.

Jonathan Collin, MD
August 18, 2015 07:30AM
Thanks so much for all that information Jackie. Still working my way through it.
As always.....thank you Jackie
August 18, 2015 07:41AM
Hello Jackie....from all the info you've sent me....do I gather that if it is "vegetable magnesium stearate" it is OK or is this not the case?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login