Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spirulina

Posted by Elizabeth 
Spirulina
May 31, 2015 05:00PM
Has anybody had any experience with taking Spirulina? I have this probiotic from Dr. Brownstein and the first ingredient is Spirulina, I remember buying a drink with Spirulina years ago and that night I had a racing heart, I don't know exactly all that was in the drink but now I am a little leery about Spirulina. What I have read on line about Spirulina is glowing, but a little hesitant about taking the supplement.

LIz
Re: Spirulina
June 02, 2015 12:35PM
Liz,

While I do not take the Spirulina in capsule form, I have for 20+ years taken it daily in powdered form as part of both my morning smoothie and afternoon green drink. Blending provides enough drink for consumption over a couple days duration, so within in each glass which is consumed there averages just under a half tea spoon of Spirulina. My family and I are in the camp which views Spirulina as one of the true super foods and highly recommend it.

We purchase Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacific. Last acquired was through Amazon a couple months back at $23.79.

Regards,
Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2015 12:37PM by Larry.
Re: Spirulina
June 02, 2015 02:07PM
Larry:

Thank you for your message, the last couple of days I tried taking a 1/4 t. of the mix, it is Spirulina along with other ingredients, I have felt fine, so will continue taking it. You are correct Spirulina is touted as being a superfood. Probably the drink that I got from the supermarket wasn't a good product which I reacted to.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login