Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Paw-paw /Papaya

Posted by Emmie 
Emmie
Paw-paw /Papaya
March 21, 2011 01:41PM
Hello to all on the BB today smiling smiley
Does anyone out there have personal experience with the benefits of paw-paw derived supplements? Am trying to find an effective alternative to the fresh fruit, which is hideously expensive in my neck of the woods - even when it's the right season.
thanks for your time,
warmest best wishes,
Emmie

lisa s
Re: Paw-paw /Papaya
March 21, 2011 03:02PM
Hi, Emmie,

I'm assuming you are talking digestive support.

From what I understand, paw paw isn't the same as papaya.

I've never used paw paw, but I have papaya. I never thought it was very effective, but this was back in the early-to-mid-nineties, so maybe papaya enzymes are more refined now ? maybe they have concentrated it more to do more good ? Maybe not.

On a side-note, I did find that papaya-enzyme shampoo was as effective as Head and Shoulders for dandruff control. Go figure! It's too bad Freeman's doesn't make it anymore. To tell the truth, I'm not sure they are a viable brand.

lisa

Emmie
Re: Paw-paw /Papaya
March 22, 2011 07:05PM
Thanks for that Lisa smiling smiley
I was always under the impression that they were the same species (Carica papaya), even though the sizes and colours were different. (Papaya is red-orange , Pawpaw is yellow)
I have just discovered that what is known in the USA as pawpaw is actually the fruit of the Asimina triloba tree - not even related to what we have in Australia!
To confuse matters even more the term 'green papaya' can be applied to either the red (papaya) or yellow (pawpaw) when it's picked gree - go figure!

Interesting note about the shampoo - thanks again for your response,
best wishes,
Emmie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login