Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cataracts

Posted by Nel 
Nel
Cataracts
March 01, 2011 05:48AM
Hi, I'm going in for cataract surgery tomorrow, and I'm really getting nervous..everyone that's had it that I know say it's a snap, but have any of you had the surgery? Thanks......Nel
raybok
Re: Cataracts
March 01, 2011 08:14AM
The surgery itself is a snap. There may be some bothersome events after the surgery. My surgeon believed in putting in one stitch and that pulled something out of position so my vision was affected until the stitch was removed probably a week later and then within seconds my vision returned to normal. Many surgeons do not use a stitch. Also you have follow up appointments to make certain proper healing is taking place, you may have to wear a protective device on that eye to prevent scratching at night and you will have a series of eye drops to take and you will have to prevent water from getting in that eye when you shower. Written in haste.

Ray
Nel Weaver
March 02, 2011 10:07AM
Hi Ray,
Thank you for answering my questions..

I had the surgery this morning and it really wasn't a snap. There were no stitches put in the eye, but I do have drops to put in all day and go to see the Dr. tomorrow, plus there will be appointed follow ups and I also have to wear a protective device over the eye for 2 or 3 nights...
Thank you again, I hope everything is ok. The eye is dilated so it's hard for me to see to well.........Nel
Emmie
March 08, 2011 01:50PM
Hello Nel,
Hang in there...in a couple of days you will be so happy you had it done.
Last year I did my own mini-survey (amongst friends and extended family) on the pros & cons of cataract surgery and the main 'complaint' from the women was that now they could see all the dust on the furniture again!
Wishing you a speedy healing,
Emmie

Murray L.
March 22, 2011 04:59AM
We had a cataract when we lived in Japan but then started driving Buicks.

I have not experienced the surgery but know several that have and all have experienced some 'discomfort' or 'inconvenience' immediately afterwards, but after a week or two you will hopefully be as pleased as punch that you had it done.

Hang in there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login