Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - Put Your Medical Work Out For Bids

Posted by Howie 
Howie
OT - Put Your Medical Work Out For Bids
February 04, 2011 11:35PM
New concept catching on?
Now you don't have to just make an appointment anymore.
[www.pricedoc.com]

Murray L.
Re: OT - Put Your Medical Work Out For Bids
February 06, 2011 04:25AM
Just what I want. The cheapest doctor working on me. Sorta like the cheapest engineers building our fighter jets, no?
Howie
February 06, 2011 07:36AM
You can also pay too much and still not get the best, but changing the mindset of just pay me whatever I think I'm worth would be a refreshing change.
Elizabeth H.
February 06, 2011 11:25AM
The best doctors wouldn't get involved in this type of doctor-find, they don't need to, only those doctors that probably don't have a good practice would do so.

I don't know what kind of business or **** you have had, but would you like to do the same thing, put yourself up for bid?

Liz
Howie
February 07, 2011 03:26AM
The private sector has everything up for bid, this is what is wrong with the public sector including healthcare IMHO.
Elizabeth H.
February 07, 2011 04:55AM
Howie:

Municipalities have always required bids---construction companies have to bid on road work, architects bid on public works (jails, fire stations etc.), the private sector competes, how do they bid?

I want the doctors to belong to the private sector, not up for bids, they are playing with life.

Liz
Howie
February 07, 2011 10:56AM
You miss the point, the public sector is largely unionized and as such is a no-bid, sole source institution as far as govrenment workers themselves are concerned. The **** they do bid are not their own **** but rather private sector people bidding for public sector work. Doctors are now more like no-bid, sole source providers like the public sector employees themselves and forcing doctors to bid for work would make them more like the private sector and reduce prices.
Elizabeth H.
February 07, 2011 11:24AM
Oh me oh my---no, gov. workers don't bid for their ****, they apply and if are
qualified, or know someone, they get hired.

Private industry bids for certain **** in the public sector, they don't bid on **** in the private sector, they do some of each. I don't agree with you at all about forcing doctors to bid for work, they are professional people that took a lot of schooling and money to attain. We havn't got free enterprise in the ins. business, if we did, that would bring down health-care costs, there are other ways as well, but I am getting into something that I better not.

I am old enough to remember that when I went to the doctor or had to take my kids to one, we didn't show an ins. card, we paid for the visit---(thats the way it was done), we paid for meds as well, we did have ins. for major calamities, surgeries. Doctor vists and meds were not expensive---people went only when they had to, today most people go for every little ache and pain.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login